HerculaneuminPictures

Herculaneum IV.7. Shop, linked to atrium of IV.6 Casa della Fullonica and workshop at IV.5

Excavated 1931.

 

According to Maiuri, this was a modest dwelling, perhaps inhabited by a family of shopkeepers or artisans.

The front part was used for the exercise of the business and the more private rear portion formed the living quarters.

On one side of the entrance corridor is a simple workroom, IV.5, and on the other a shop IV.7.

See Maiuri, Amedeo, (1977). Herculaneum. 7th English ed, of Guide books to the Museums Galleries and Monuments of Italy, No.53 (p.30-1).

 

150727 60 E P1030607

Cardo IV. Inferiore, Herculaneum, September 2015. Looking north along east side, with doorways to IV.7 and IV.6, on right.

Photo courtesy of Michael Binns.

 

IV.7, Herculaneum, September 2015. Looking towards doorways to IV.7, in centre, and IV.6, on right.  Photo courtesy of Michael Binns.

IV.7, Herculaneum, September 2015. Looking towards doorways to IV.7, in centre, and IV.6, on right.

Photo courtesy of Michael Binns.

 

IV.7, Herculaneum, September 2015. Entrance doorway to shop.

IV.7, Herculaneum, September 2015. Entrance doorway to shop.

 

 

 

 

The low resolution pictures on this site are copyright © of Jackie and Bob Dunn and MAY NOT IN ANY CIRCUMSTANCES BE USED FOR GAIN OR REWARD COMMERCIALLY. On concession of the Ministero dei Beni e delle Attività Culturali e del Turismo - Parco Archeologico di Ercolano. It is declared that no reproduction or duplication can be considered legitimate without the written authorization of the Parco Archeologico di Ercolano.

Le immagini fotografiche a bassa risoluzione pubblicate su questo web site sono copyright © di Jackie e Bob Dunn E NON POSSONO ESSERE UTILIZZATE, IN ALCUNA CIRCOSTANZA, PER GUADAGNO O RICOMPENSA COMMERCIALMENTE. Su concessione del Ministero dei Beni e delle Attività Culturali e del Turismo - Parco Archeologico di Ercolano. Si comunica che nessun riproduzione o duplicazione può considerarsi legittimo senza l'autorizzazione scritta del Parco Archeologico di Ercolano.

Ultimo aggiornamento - Last updated: 04-Jul-2020 17:10